Hungary is one of the oldest countries in the central Europe. The country is landlocked by many neighbor countries such as Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine and Slovakia. This Schengen country boasts of plenty of travel destinations such as low mountains, grasslands, lakes and rivers, beautiful small villages and many other unexplored assets. Regardless of its small vicinity, the country is amongst the world’s top 15 travel destinations. Its capital and largest city, Budapest, is one of the world’s finest cities to visit. Hungary is a land many World Heritage Sites, Lake Heviz (world’s 2nd largest warm water lake), Lake Balaton (Central Europe’s largest lake) and Hortobagy (Europe’s largest natural steppe). Thinking in terms of constructions, the country is a land of Great Synagogue (Europe’s largest Jewish assembly), Széchenyi Medicinal Bath (the largest one in Europe), Esztergom Basilica (Europe’s 3rd largest cathedral), Pannonhalma Archabbey (world’s 2nd largest monastery), Gödöllő (world’s 2nd largest baroque style fortress), and Pécs (the largest Early Christian graveyard outside Italy).
Hungarians are music lovers since ages. Don’t believe me? Well, you just need to listen to the music of Franz Liszt and Béla Bartók. The romantic Danube River in Budapest and great variety of cuisines enchant the visitors to visit the country again and again. Hungarian wines are enjoyed all over Europe. Unlike other EU countries where there is much more to see, Hungry encompasses activities to see and do, such as fishing, horse riding, bird-watching, spas, cycling, botany and Jewish culture. In short, Hungary boasts of plenty of travel destinations that are absolutely unmissable. To best explore such places and to explore the legendary hospitality of Hungarian people, it is a great idea to hire your own campervan or motorhome on rent. You can pick up campervan from Budapest and explore world’s most beautiful city and natural destination of the Hungary.
Campervan & Motorhome Rental Holidays Tours in Hungary
Top Campervan & Motorhone hire Road Trips from Budapest
- Lake Balaton: largest freshwater lake in the Central-Europe. Stunning resorts and fabulous vineyards.
- Bukk National Park: 171 km away from Budapest, best campervan rental destination for road trip.
- Szalajka Valley: Popular for Veil Waterfall, Rock Spring and Szalajka stream
- Aggtelek National Park: largest stalactite cave near Baradla-Domica cave (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Kekes Peak: Highest Mountain Peak of the Hungary. Third most popular tourist destination of Hungarye.
- Lake Heviz: Europe’s largest thermal lake. Lake Heviz is 61 Km motorhome drive from lake Lake Balaton.
- Hortobágy: Great Hungarian Plains, famous for amazing sunsets, the iconic shadoofs (wells operated by a long pole)
Traveler’s Guide to Hungary
- You’ll be amazed by the beautiful scenery along the roads of Hungary. The road network is in excellent condition. Driving is on the right hand side and overtaking can be done from left side.
- You can collect your hired motorhome or campervan from Budapest. Hungary is a breathtaking country and it’s not so challenging to navigate on the city roads on your own.
- During rain, dusk or fog, keep the headlights of your vehicle ON. The lights should remain ON at all the time while visiting the rural areas.
- In major cities like Budapest, the petrol stations remain open 24/7. But it’s not the case with other small cities and rural areas, where the fuel stations remain open from 7 AM to 9 PM only.
- While driving on motorways (M1, M3, M5, M6, M7, M30 & M35), your vehicle must have toll sticker on its body. You can get this sticker at fuel station or service station and it lasts for 1 moth, 1 week or 4 days; confirm the lasting period while obtaining.
Explore the country with your hired campervan or motrohome and enjoy your freedom!
Our Latest Blog
West MacDonnell Ranges – A Journey You Will Never Forget23 August, 2016
Most of the people living in Australia crave for a desire to visit the Red Centre at least once in a lifetime, still many of them doesn’t make it come true till they retire. …
The Iceland Highlights30 May, 2016
If you want to explore the best of Iceland, Europe’s most northern country, you have just come to the right page. Iceland is home to picture-perfect nature’s phenomena …
5 Must-Watch-Before-You-Die Destinations of Sweden5 May, 2016
Planning your next holiday in Sweden? If yes, you have just made a fantastic choice. The Scandinavian country is home to a myriad of incredibly beautiful destinations. Here …
We Wish You a Wonderful New Year 20161 January, 2016
We, at OnRoadCampervan, wish you and your loved ones a very joyful and blissful new year 2016. We thank all our customers for the trust in us and we will continue growing …
Plan An Exciting Campervan Ride Along the New England Road23 September, 2015
Nature in New England fashions its very own kaleidoscope with the mesmeric phenomenon of fall foliage. When the leaves adopt the chameleon’s attributes to turn from green …
What They Say
Thanks OnRoadCampervan for beautiful expericence of Tuscany region. RV services gave us a lifetime experience of Tuscany holiday….
Great support & thanks for wonderful motorhome service
Exploring North Island of New Zealand was a great experience. It was an intimidating experience as we have tried campervan first time. Thanks ORC for providing useful tips like; checking…
Julie & Tom (Canada)
Sed ut perspiciatis, unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem doloremque.Contact Us