Book Campervan/Motorhome Hire in Croatia
Croatia’s stunning landscapes, picturesque coastlines, and historic towns make it a perfect destination for adventure seekers and nature lovers. To truly immerse yourself in the country’s beauty and have the freedom to explore at your own pace, renting a motorhome is an excellent choice. Motorhome rental provides the convenience of accommodation on wheels, allowing you to experience the diverse wonders of Croatia while enjoying the comforts of home. In this guide, we’ll delve into the essentials of motorhome rental in Croatia, from choosing the right vehicle to planning your itinerary.
Choosing the Right Motorhome:
Before embarking on your Croatian adventure, it’s crucial to select the motorhome that suits your needs. Consider factors such as the size of your travel party, desired amenities, and your budget. Most rental companies offer a range of motorhome options, from compact campervans to spacious RVs with multiple sleeping areas, kitchens, and bathrooms. Make sure to choose a vehicle that provides ample comfort and meets your specific requirements.
Booking a Motorhome Rental:
To ensure availability and secure the best rates, it’s advisable to book your motorhome rental in advance, especially during peak travel seasons. Campervan rental companies operate throughout Croatia, with offices located in major cities like Dubrovnik, Pula, Rijeka, Sesvete, Split, Zadar and Zagreb.
Campervan & Motorhome Rental Holidays Tours in Croatia
Croatia is known for its stunning landscapes and natural beauty. Here are some popular landscapes destinations in Croatia:
- Plitvice Lakes National Park: Located in central Croatia, Plitvice Lakes National Park is one of the most famous and beautiful national parks in Europe. It is renowned for its cascading lakes and waterfalls, lush forests, and diverse wildlife.
- Dubrovnik Old Town: Situated on the Adriatic coast, Dubrovnik is a UNESCO World Heritage site and offers a unique blend of natural and man-made beauty. The old town is surrounded by medieval walls and offers breathtaking views of the Adriatic Sea.
- Krka National Park: Located near the city of Šibenik, Krka National Park is famous for its series of cascading waterfalls, including the iconic Skradinski Buk. Visitors can swim in the park’s crystal-clear waters and explore the lush surrounding landscapes.
- Hvar Island: Hvar is one of Croatia’s most popular islands, known for its beautiful beaches, lavender fields, and vineyards. The island also boasts charming coastal villages, such as Hvar Town, with its historic architecture and vibrant nightlife.
- Istrian Peninsula: The Istrian Peninsula is a region in western Croatia known for its picturesque coastal towns, rolling hills, and vineyards. The town of Rovinj is particularly popular, with its colorful houses and charming streets.
- Paklenica National Park: Situated in the Velebit Mountain range, Paklenica National Park offers stunning rocky landscapes, deep canyons, and diverse flora and fauna. It is a haven for hikers, climbers, and nature enthusiasts.
Safe Driving Tips Before Hiring Motorhome in Croatia
Familiarize yourself with Croatia’s driving regulations before hitting the road. In Croatia, driving is on the right-hand side, and the speed limits are generally 50 km/h (31 mph) in urban areas, 90 km/h (56 mph) on regional roads, and 130 km/h (81 mph) on highways. Note that speed limits may vary depending on road conditions, so always pay attention to signage. Be aware of toll roads and have the necessary local currency or payment cards. Remember to drive responsibly, follow traffic rules, and prioritize safety.
Camping and Facilities:
Croatia offers numerous campsites that cater to motorhome travelers, providing essential facilities such as electricity hookups, water supply, waste disposal, and shower blocks. The campsites are often well-maintained, and some even offer additional amenities like swimming pools, restaurants, and Wi-Fi access. It’s advisable to make reservations during peak season to secure your spot. Popular campsites include Camping Krk on Krk Island, Camping Lanterna in Poreč, and Camping Stobreč Split near Split and mention below.
- Auto Camp Sani
- Camper Stop Felix
- Kamp Odmorište Sabljaci
- Wine Camp Hažić
- Amadria Park Camping Trogir
- Camping Park Soline
- Camping Ugljan Resort
- Camp Vransko Lake Crkvine
- Big Bear Plitvice Camping Resort
- Camping Planik
- Olivia Green Camping
- Camp Mia
- Camping Village Poljana
Our Latest Blog
Roaming the Rockies: Vancouver to Banff and Jasper National Parks RV Adventure28 August, 2023 Embarking on a journey from Vancouver to the captivating landscapes of Banff and Jasper National Parks promises an adventure of a lifetime. With an RV or motorhome rental Vancouver as your trusted companion, …
Ultimate Australian Adventure: A Cairns to Darwin Self-Drive Itinerary21 August, 2023 Australia's diverse landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and unique wildlife make it a dream destination for travelers seeking unforgettable experiences. If you're looking to embark on an epic road trip …
Western Australia coastline: Perth to Darwin 16 Day Campervan Road Trip31 July, 2023 Embarking on a campervan, 4WD or motorhome rental road trip from Perth to Darwin is an exhilarating way to explore the vast and diverse landscapes of Australia. With a sense of freedom and flexibility, …
What They Say
Thanks OnRoadCampervan for beautiful expericence of Tuscany region. RV services gave us a lifetime experience of Tuscany holiday….
Great support & thanks for wonderful motorhome service
Exploring North Island of New Zealand was a great experience. It was an intimidating experience as we have tried campervan first time. Thanks ORC for providing useful tips like; checking…
Julie & Tom (Canada)
Do you have any question? Welcome to our Customer Support Centre.Contact Us