Experience this least densely populated country with motorhome hire and camperan rental services in Iceland by OnRoadCampervan! Iceland has always been a torch bearer when it comes to human development index. Though full of volcanoes, rough landscapes, it has attracted free spirits who believe in freedom, equality and human dignity! So, if you too are that free spirit, Iceland cannot fail your attention!
Your Expectations & Iceland Motorhome
So, what do you expect from motorhome hire or campervan rental Iceland? How should it treat you? Check this list out:
- Do you want to experience what it is to be on the top of glacier?
- Want to explore the country on your own foot?
- Want to watch how whales behave?
- Want to spend time with birds?
- Want to look what is a spurting geyser?
- River rafting in a glacial river?
- Ice climbing on a vertical glacial wall?
- Ride the open waves of North Atlantic?
- Fishing in lakes, streams or vast sea?
- Ice fishing?
If the answers to all this is yes, it can all be managed. If the answer is no, better still! Laid back, visit a great museum, relish the local cuisine and just inhale the air of this beautiful island situated at the confluence of the North Atlantic and Arctic Oceans, on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.
Long Hire Discount – 50 days hire or longer
Travel for 50 days or more and receive a special discount off the base rental rate when booking selected vehicles on this site. This discount CAN be combined with other special offers as applicable.
PROMO CODE: LHD50
Booking valid from 03/10/15 to 10/31/18
Travel valid from 02/01/13 to 10/31/18
Campervan Tour in Iceland by OnRoadCampervan
Iceland is like mystery of existence. If you want to unearth this mystery, prefer our campervan, motorhome or rv (recreation vehicle) rental services so that your adventure becomes worthwhile. While traveling, you will see Icelandic sheep, cattle, chicken, goat, the sturdy Icelandic horse and the Icelandic Sheepdog. The country also houses many varieties of fish that live in the ocean waters. Among wild animals, there are Arctic Fox, mink, mice, rats, rabbits and reindeer. Polar bears too are seen sometimes. Sea birds form an integral part of country’s biodiversity. Puffins, skuas, and kittiwakes make their homes on its sea cliffs
As the Icelandic terrain is quite tricky, you need to hire your camper rentals from an experienced and professional company like OnRoadCamperan. We exactly know what kind of campervans and motorhomes will be suitable to explore Iceland. So, rest assured, your Icelandic journey will be a memorable one with our Motorhomes hire!
- Gullfoss (waterfalls): 4 Hours drive from Reykjavik
- Thingvellir National Park: 1 Hour drive from Reykjavik
- Langjokull Glacier
- The South Coast
- The Blue Lagoon: near Keflavik Airport
Driving Tips for Safe Journey with Motorhome Hire in Iceland
While driving your motorhome or campervan hire, take a note of following driving tips while driving in Iceland:
- It is a right hand drive in Iceland
- Speed limits are 50 km/h in towns, 80 km/h on gravel country roads, and 90 km/h on hard-surfaced roads
- Seat belts and headlights are mandatory
- No driving off roads or marked tracks
- No use of cell phones while driving
- It is alcohol free driving
- Documents to carry while driving : driving license, passport, proof of insurance, and vehicle registration
- Blind summits are common in Iceland. Hence, drivers need to slow down and keep to the right-hand edge of the road
- It is common to encounter one-lane bridges in Iceland. Slow down and use caution when driving across them.
Our Latest Blog
West MacDonnell Ranges – A Journey You Will Never Forget23 August, 2016
Most of the people living in Australia crave for a desire to visit the Red Centre at least once in a lifetime, still many of them doesn’t make it come true till they retire. …
The Iceland Highlights30 May, 2016
If you want to explore the best of Iceland, Europe’s most northern country, you have just come to the right page. Iceland is home to picture-perfect nature’s phenomena …
5 Must-Watch-Before-You-Die Destinations of Sweden5 May, 2016
Planning your next holiday in Sweden? If yes, you have just made a fantastic choice. The Scandinavian country is home to a myriad of incredibly beautiful destinations. Here …
We Wish You a Wonderful New Year 20161 January, 2016
We, at OnRoadCampervan, wish you and your loved ones a very joyful and blissful new year 2016. We thank all our customers for the trust in us and we will continue growing …
Plan An Exciting Campervan Ride Along the New England Road23 September, 2015
Nature in New England fashions its very own kaleidoscope with the mesmeric phenomenon of fall foliage. When the leaves adopt the chameleon’s attributes to turn from green …
What They Say
Thanks OnRoadCampervan for beautiful expericence of Tuscany region. RV services gave us a lifetime experience of Tuscany holiday….
Great support & thanks for wonderful motorhome service
Exploring North Island of New Zealand was a great experience. It was an intimidating experience as we have tried campervan first time. Thanks ORC for providing useful tips like; checking…
Julie & Tom (Canada)
Do you have any question? Welcome to our Customer Support Centre.Contact Us