Blog > Post Time- 10:29 AM Post By - admin
Travel to Tauranga on Your Next Holiday Trip
Tauranga, the 6th largest city of New Zealand in population, is situated on the western Bay of Plenty region in North Island of the country. The city is a melting hub for international trade, business, technology, science, fashion, culture and entertainment. Home to the largest port in the country, the Port of Tauranga, it is economically one of the most significant places across the country.
How to get there?
The city is situated on the top peak of a larger harbour which stretches alongside the western Bay of Plenty region, and is bordered by Matakana Island. It is just a matter of 15 minute drive from the famous beach town of Mount Maunganui.
You won’t find any passenger rain or train transportation facility from Tauranga to Auckland, Rotorua, Hamilton, Taupo and many other major parts of the country. And thus campervan rental in Tauranga, New Zealand is the best alternative to travel around the town and its surroundings on the North Island at easy pace.
Top things to do and see
- Enjoy water sport activities such as swimming, fishing, cruising, diving in the pristine waters of the beautiful Bay of Plenty region
- Explore the shops and restaurants found in the center area of the city
- Art lovers may spend a few hours in the art gallery of the town
- Plan a day-out to Tuhua (Mayor) Island to discover the wildlife scenes of the island
- If you are planning to arrive with your family here, pay a visit to the picturesque McLaren Falls Park and plan a picnic, enjoy paddling or meander through the trees
- Go on a dolphin tour from the waterfront setting of the town or head down to the beautiful Kaimai Mamaku Forest Park
- One of the best ways to soak up the stunning nature’s scenery on the island is to indulge in some of its regional activities such as horse riding over rolling green farm landscapes, a hire campervan drive through the serene forests, plan a road trip alongside beautiful rivers, and explore Briar’s Seaside Horse Treks
- Hike a Kiwicart at Kiwi360 and explore an hour long tour passing through the lush green orchards and horticultural theme park; this is the place where you will know Kiwi, which is the healthiest fruit on earth, grows best here.
- Paddle into an untouched canyon atop the Lake McLaren, where the glow worms spread the light and during the night, you see the river flowing beneath you. Enjoy a kayaking tour with Waimarino. The combined tour will take around 4 hours.
- Don’t miss the marine adventure tours of White Island; it is the only active marine volcano of the country.
- After a fully active day, unwind yourself at one of the Mount Maunganui Hot Pools located at the foot of the magnificent Mount Maunganui
What is the best time to visit?
The famous National Jazz Festival in Tarunga is celebrated in Easter days that fall in the month of April this year 2014. The month of February and March too sees an array of regional festivals, making it the best time to visit this New Zealand city.
So, if you have decided to travel to Tauranga in the next year, book your campervan rental New Zealand well before you arrive at the place.